Each Train Operating Company (TOC) is required to produce a Passengers' Charter that sets out the commitments that it makes to its customers.
This Charter is a statement of our commitment to provide the safe and high-quality service you have the right to expect. We publish it so that you know the standards we are determined to achieve.
The Passenger's Charter includes:
Download the Northern Rail Passenger's Charter PDF:
- a statement from Northern of its intentions
- standards of service covering punctuality and reliability
- what passengers can expect - for example on telephone enquiries and booking services, reservations, availability of catering, provision for passengers with disabilities
- what passengers can expect if things go wrong
- compensation arrangements for single/return and weekly season ticket holders for one-off delays or for monthly or longer season ticket holders if performance drops below the expected standards
- a list of contacts for passenger complaints and comment